View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink more nesting trivia:

Well, after a two day rain and no nesting birds taking fluff, we are now drying out some.

A tufted titmouse has been coming a little bit before the rains and he is highly aggressive in yanking out the alpaca fur. He goes to it each time he visits whereas the white cotton seems more popular with the finches and chickadees.

Today he/she was back yanking away...so fast the movements were just a blur for my camera. He/she yanked out most of the fur today.

So I looked around the net about this and found this link which is very very interesting. It appears that the titmouse will yank fur out of living mammals including people!

Here is a video of it:

This photo on this link of the gray bird yanking brown fur, is what I have been watching today as well.

So I guess our mammals are relieved that I am providing alpaca fur for the fiesty Tufted Titmouse!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-29-2015), Lara (06-01-2015)