View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default I'm in a bad place

I've been having muscle spasms and cramps in both calves for the past month, I can't feel the spasms when I walk or when I flex my calf, however my legs feel tight while I walk! My thumb also closes into the palm of my hand on its own, I'm also getting spasms in different parts of my body!

The first gp I went to said it was probably viral since all my blood work came back fine! I went to another gp and expressed my concern that something is wrong, I think I have als, so he has set me up with an emg in one month!

I am in a bad place at the moment, I am absolutely terrified, I'm on anxiety medication, I really believe that I have als! It won't leave my mind, I've lost 14lbs in the last week and a half, I can't sleep, and when I do I have awful nightmares, I cry in the bath, this fear is awful, I've missed work, and I'm the only one who works in the household, I have a wife and a 20 month old girl!

I'm sorry for venting like this, there are a lot of brave people on here who have to read fearful posts from people who haven't being diagnosed, I just don't know where to turn, I don't want to upset my wife!
James1982 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote