View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi mayasutton,

Thanks for replying to my question I have a few more.....

Was the wisdom tooth erupted, impacted in the bone or partially impacted?

Did the oral surgeon tell you why he did not remove the roots of the wisdom tooth?

Did he leave the entire root system or just pieces of root tips?

Did the crown portion (top portion of tooth above the gum line) break off from the roots?

Did the tooth break during extraction and he unintentionally pushed the roots further into the bone?

Did he say the roots were close to the mandibular canal?

Was there infection in that area of your mouth prior to the extraction or was the tooth decayed or infected?

What diagnosis and prognosis has the oral surgeon come up with based on your symptoms?

Thanks.... Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayasutton64 View Post
I haven't been properly diagnosed. I went to an oral surgeon who only could not take out my entire wisdom tooth on the left side and instead took the "molar" portion off, leaving the root. The site appears to be healing properly. I am on antibiotics for now. Based on my symptoms I believe I may have neurapraxia because when I bite my lip I can feel it. If I poke my bottom gum with my nail I can feel it. I can feel myself touch my lip but its limited sensation. I don't have much pain besides burning every now and then. My chin/bottom lip are still numb, but doesn't feel as numb as it did when it first happened. What do you think Ms. Bryanna?

Thank you!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote