View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 07:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi mayasutton,

Thanks for replying to my question I have a few more.....

Was the wisdom tooth erupted, impacted in the bone or partially impacted?
-Tooth was partially impacted

Did the oral surgeon tell you why he did not remove the roots of the wisdom tooth?
-He said they were too close to the nerve

Did he leave the entire root system or just pieces of root tips?
-Entire root system from what I saw in the last x-ray. He drilled through the tooth because he was trying to take it out in sections. Then he decided to leave the root. :-(

Did the crown portion (top portion of tooth above the gum line) break off from the roots?
-Yes he broke them off.

Did the tooth break during extraction and he unintentionally pushed the roots further into the bone?
-I heard two cracks, and alot of pressure went on. He took the crown portion and sewed me up. This may have happened however.

Did he say the roots were close to the mandibular canal?
-He didn't say which part, but he just said "the nerve"
Was there infection in that area of your mouth prior to the extraction or was the tooth decayed or infected?

What diagnosis and prognosis has the oral surgeon come up with based on your symptoms?
-I went back a week later. He poked around to see what I could feel. I could feel alittle feeling in my gum. He told me this was a good sign and to monitor it..then said to come back in 2 weeks. I will probably go to another oral surgeon soon.

Thanks.... Bryanna
Thanks so much!
mayasutton64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote