View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 03:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default PAIN! Trigeminal Neuralgia

Hello, I am in severe pain and have been for almost 3 months but it all started about 7 months ago when my crown on #18 came loose and the dentist re-cemented it back on..........That was last December and I knew something was not right. It hurt non-stop for a week and then he did a root canal and then it still hurt and then he did another root canal on #19 and it still hurt so I went to an Endodontist and he did yet another root canal so teeth 18,19 and 20 were all root canaled. #18 had a bad infection in it and so did #19. I did about 6 rounds of antibiotics. I went to the Oral surgeon for a 2D X-ray and he found nothing. I just went this last Saturday to a different Oral surgeon for a 3D X-ray and he found nothing. I can't get any relief from this pain. I have an appointment with the Neurologist on June 9th....the soonest they could get me in. I've never had this kind of pain in my life and I'm wondering if having that much dental work or the Novocain could have caused this??? Or was it from the first tooth having an infection for a long time before the crown fell off??? Anyone have any ideas?
Has anyone gotten any relief from this kind of pain before? I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
I am so afraid of taking medication. I work full time so I can't come to work feeling "fuzzy".
What medication if any has anyone had good success with?
Thanks, hope to hear from you!!
karensue77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote