View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 06:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

We're working on strengthening the core with supported 90-90 crunches, bridges and floor marches. Wall sits, lunges, and squats to work legs. Lots of posture work to lessen the strain on my shoulder girdle and to breathe without activating my scalenes.

She is also having me work on my control of the cervical spine with a laser headlight. It's called SenMoCo system. I put the headlamp on and aim the dot in the middle of a target. After closing my eyes, I turn my head to the side and bring it forward and see if I can make it back to the target. On good days, I make it 60-70%. On days when my neck is stiff, it's 30%-40%. I also try to trace mazes.

Next up is to see if my brain is recognizing left and right body parts correctly. Evidently, after injury or chronic pain, the brain loses some ability to identify body parts. Developed at the Neuro Orthopaedic Institute (noigroup.com), there's free trial to see how your left/right discrimination is. I haven't tried it yet but am curious! Meanwhile, I have to recover from the train trip in and out of the city for PT.
JulieJem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
16rhonda (06-03-2015), Akash (06-04-2015)