View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Mark,

So the recently root canaled tooth is now suddenly decayed.... is that what this new dentist told you?

Mark, something is just not right here. Each dentist keeps telling you the root canal if fine... the tooth is fine.... and now the root canal is fine but the tooth is decayed and needs to be extracted. Obviously the tooth has been decayed and unhealthy for this whole time. The root canal procedure may have been done textbook and on an xray the procedure itself looks fine. Which only means that there is no evidence of a poorly done root canal. However, decay does not happen overnight and why hasn't anyone other than this new dentist told you that the tooth was decayed??

I am so sorry you are going through this. Hopefully once this tooth is out you will start to feel better. Be sure to ask the dentist if there is any sinus involvement when he removes the tooth. It would also be wise to tell him to be sure to remove the periodontal ligament and any diseased tissue and bone when he removes the tooth to help avoid post operative problems. I know it sounds silly to have to request that but it is never wise to assume that those surgical steps will be taken automatically.

Please check back with us when you are recovering. Try not to worry too much about this and please take good care of yourself.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote