View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 07:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Bryanna

Please excuse me as I'm not up to date with the proper dental terms etc, I made an appointment with another dentist & just asked if he could go over my teeth & let me know if anything needed doing , I never mentioned any problems etc.

He did the cone beam scan & then put things inside my mouth & took more x rays, it was then he noticed something wasn't right on that tooth I had root canaled, I then went into detail about some problems I had been having & how I thought that tooth could be responsible for them.

He said the root canal area looked okay but other parts of the tooth were badly decayed, & I'm not 100% sure but there is a possibility there might be a little hole under it or words to that effect. He said you wouldn't bother trying to fix it as it's dead anyway & when he said extraction was the only option it didn't take me long to agree.

I have a few things elsewhere that need some work but would worry about that later, if removing the tooth made me feel better all good & if it didn't it would need to come out anyway he said.

Just of note when I 1st went back to the dentist who did the root canal he only did the cone beam scan & not a x ray, he did the percussion test & that tooth was the only tender one but as it looked good on the scan he didn't pay to much attention to it.

I will ask the dentist those thing you said

Kind regards Mark
Chalky74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote