Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have a bit more time to write now.

With this illness healing is a very slow process,as we all know we have to look back retrospectively to notice any improvement. With my situation, that day in the boardroom was a milestone day. I knew that things were very different for me and I must have had considerable healing since starting on Thiamine, in order to bear that situation.

I knew my autonomic system had been damaged by PN, but the symptoms were fleeting and hard to prove,as is the PN in general. Being stressed sent off a chain reaction of events in my body that affected me systemically. I was unable to handle even tiny amounts of stress. Symptoms included palpitations,elevated BP,anxiety,flushing,malaise,fatigue,trouble breathing. Consequentially I became agoraphobic because I was afraid of making an *****
out of myself in public,and then I had additional panic and anxiety from social phobia.

Everytime I was in public or in a setting where I was far from my comfort zone I would become quite ill. I was full expecting to walk into that meeting and get sick,and wind up making up some excuse to leave early. But it didn't happen,and it hasn't happened since.

Now am I certain that it was the Thiamine? I don't know? All I know is that I have been a very ill person who finally felt a bit of relief.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote