View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had a CT scan 6 months after my injury... nothing showed there.

Since I've had a continuous headache since my injury, almost 3.5 years ago now (Feb 2012) , at 2 years after my injury my rehab team ordered an MRI to make sure there wasn't an alternate cause for the pain.

MRI did not show an alternate cause for the pain, but I am one of the few that DID show damage from my injury.

The MRI results did sort of change my treatment, the physiatrist and neurologist after seeing the results, sort of gave up trying to fix me. They still provided care, but the care became less... aggressive, I guess is the right description.

Even now at almost 3.5 years after my injury I still see my physiatrist and neurologist a couple times a year, but since I'm no longer on any meds (we couldn't find anything I could tolerate that worked) its mostly just to touch base and see if there's been any improvements or changes.

I still see my neuro optometrist (prism glasses) and physiotherapist (to try to improve my balance and gait issues) regularly.

In my case, I was glad for the MRI, but also upset that it showed anything and the docs just felt that where I was at, was the best that they could do, given the visible damage... so a bit disheartening, as well.

Still have the constant head pain.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote