View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 05:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default YAMET - Yet Another Molar Extraction Thread

Hey all and especially the queen of helpfulness Bryanna. I am kinda worried and I would love some feedback on my case. I am 34 years old, otherwise in perfect health and I had my right lower molar extracted 3.5 weeks ago (upcoming Friday will be the 4th week). It was nearly horizontally impacted. The procedure took around 30 mins, didn't feel a thing, but some bone was needed to be removed my dr said.
First two days i was a bit swollen, the usual cheek swell, but that subsided pretty much. I had some trismus, but was recovering.

My issue is that 1 week ago, that swell that I had turned to a little lump (like the size of a nickle wide, more like a hard pad on my cheek than a lump) that I could feel, went to the doctor, she said she can't see anything suspicious, but she could feel the lump, maybe on the masseter she said, so she put me on amoxil 500mg 3 times a day for 8 days. She added that she doesn't feel the lump to be filled with puss, plus she poked around my socket and said no puss coming out and everything was fine looking.

Anyhow, today, after 8 days of Amoxil, the lump is gone, I feel much better, trismus is minimal, only issue is that the center of that "lump" is still bit tender to touch, but I am afraid from all the stories I read that this my recovery istemporary and that I need to have my would reopened to clean up any infection. Should I visit another dentist? Should I stop worrying that it will swell again and wait to see if it actually does? Should I take a preemptive X-ray just to be sure? Please advice, I am scared, it could be from osteomyelitis developing to sub masseter abssess to I don't know what else!

PS: Recovery was fine, doctor removed my stitches on 5th day later after surgery, 2 days earlier than expected, cause I went for checkup and she said wound was healing very good.
nabber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote