Thread: Hearing today
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 11:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you. I'm sorry I misunderstood your second response. I'm very tired.

My attorney was very upset with how they 'cherry picked' (his words) my Facebook page. Hearing officer said she wasn't happy with the things they pulled out. My attorney asked and was told due to pressure to review in high numbers now that social media is being used heavily. Our Facebook pages, twitter, are all being supeoned (my fb pg had high privacy settings). They don't need our permission. We sign off on a form saying we agree SS can obtain any information they need to decide our case.

I have only had FB for 2 yrs. I use it to keep in touch with family who are all out of state. I didn't think I had anything to hide. I post photos of my dog and grandchildren. But things can be pulled out of context and used against you.

In hindsight, wish I had never been online ever, but that's probably not realistic. They also had online articles about me that proved to be totally fabricated (like I owned a business with 2 employees and made $70K last year) That was easy to prove completely false, but made me so upset and angry.

Apologies for the long post.
Simple answer... Yes, they can and do check your social media accounts and even email. All my accounts were checked.

Thank you for replies to me. I feel very beat up after that hearing.
lilly444 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote