View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Melissa,

Hi ! Your story is just about the same as mine. I have been dealing with TOS for 3 years now and because there are not alot of Dr's in my state, I have had to research EVERYTHING myself. Of course this is the best place for you too !

Anyway, I finally have found a Thoracic Surgeon in Boston that just confirmed Arterial TOS and I also had an MRA done a year ago that showed subclavian compressions. (along with a host of other tests.. most were negitive ) I also have seen a Vascular Surgeon who just confirmed the arterial flow was "significantly decreased"( in the right arm) by a PPG test. (I was so happy that someone finally saw something ) . I am also seeing a Pan Mgmt clinic next week which I am very happy about. (more new tests to come )

Definitely research a little more, I don't know if I am a candidate for surgery yet, but definitely listen to these people they know what they are talking about. It is a very painful disease to have and it stinks when you don't know enough about it and your frustrated. Go with your gut feeling I say.. but learn about it too. Welcome to our family.. we are all here to help.

All the best...

Dolfinz
P.S. Hi Everybody !! Great posts !
Dolfinz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote