View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 12:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Need to ask a question about tailbone pain?

I'm not sure how to return a reply, so here goes!
I am 67 yrs. old with a diagnosis of SEVERE DEGENERATIVE ARTHRITIS (L3-S1) lumbar Three-four, four-five, five-sirenol one ???? Not really sure what all that means except that I'm in a lot of pain. I know this has been developing all my life, but now it has caught up with me. I recently, pushed myself building a new fence on my property and used my back incorrectly which laid me up for 2 months so far. I had an X-Ray and an open MRI. All of this just told the doctors I was getting old and had stenosis of certain vertabraes. Just as I was feeling better, I fell backwards landing on my tailbone across a cement step (all 250 lbs.). I have been taking Naproxen 500mg and Bayer Back and Body OTC. I take them independently of each other. I will switch from one to the other. The doc gave me Prednisone but it made me very drowsy? Before I fell, I was going to a chiropractor with some good results, but then I fell on my tailbone. He said to continue with Naproxen, Bayer and ice packs. I decided to purchase do-nut cushions and this has helped.
MY QUESTION IS: DO YOU THINK BECAUSE OF AGE AND DEGENERATIVE ARTHRITIS....my tailbone will not heal properly?
I have read many post and I am really sorry to read about people of all ages that are in so much pain with out any relief. It's really heart breaking..I am really sorry, especially for the young people. They haven't even had a chance to enjoy a pain-free life.
Thank you in advance to all!
corsair6477 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-04-2015), Lara (06-04-2015)