View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

In your case and in my opinion, I think it's a combination of traumatic events and MS. I can't drive very far not only due to weakness and fatigue but cognitive issues. I can't handle everything coming at all at once. It's really unsettling. That is an MS thing. I can take some back roads to Trader Joe's but put me in traffic and I just can't focus enough to keep on top of things. I have not driven since January as things have been worse.

For some, MS does effect (or is it affect ) our ability to cope. It's like our coping mechanism got switched off or altered in some way. I don't know if it's due to lesions and their locations or fatigue. The more fatigued we get, the worse these cognitive issues exacerbate.

Since it is impacting your life so much, I would discuss it with your neuro or even PCP and take it from there.

Hang in there and know that you are a strong woman and have overcome many, many obstacles. You can overcome this, or at least learn to deal with it effectively and rationally.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (06-08-2015), LoveCats (06-06-2015), NurseNancy (06-04-2015), Starznight (06-04-2015)