View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RelaxSee Lenses

I saw Dr.Cheryl Letheren, a Neuro-Rehabilitation Optometrist in London ON who recommend some changes to my glasses prescription: prisms to adjust for subtle misalignments, a reflective coating "blue blocker" to block out some of the glare from computer screens, and "Relaxsee". The Relaxsee part is my regular prescription for seeing far distance on the top of the lens and a slightly lesser strength in the bottom for up close work. Similar idea to bifocals, but not nearly as strong (ie I believe it's +100 in the top, +050 in the bottom) . It was explained to me that it should help reduce eye strain with close up work.

I started with my new glasses Tuesday, and I know they always say it takes time to adjust, but I am having a hard time with the "Relaxsee" part. I find if I turn my head too quickly or look in the bottom half of the lens, it is slightly blurry which bothers my head and causes me to feel slightly dizzy.

I know it has only been a few days, but I am frustrated because although things weren't perfect before, they weren't terrible, and so far the new glasses have only made things worse. It's hard to be patient when my head hurts more than it was before. Reading this thread makes me second guess whether getting 2 different strengths in one lens is a good idea (although I know for me, the change in strength is very subtle, I'm still sensitive to it)? Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks friends!
  • Symptoms: Headache and fatigue
comeback_kid_11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-04-2015)