View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Chat Forum Issues and Suggestions

So that the "What if.." thread can hopefully get back to its original OT, I'm copying and pasting from my post there:

I'm open to suggestions in regards to sub-forums, most certainly. However, these sub-forums would be subject to the guidelines and moderated by the moderators of the forum and administrators. We can't, in any way that I see or know about, give individuals moderating "powers" for specific threads...only specific forums. Making all members of a forum a moderator in the forum isn't an option that I see.

I do agree that discussions here can be very pointed, and that a deviation from the OT can take a subject way off path. I would like to discuss our options to work this, but at the same time, I keep in mind that if everyone would post according to the existing guidelines, and asking one's self if their post is on topic with the OT, there would be few issues. Also, keeping in mind that when we post publicly, not everyone is going to agree with us. As long as disagreement doesn't include attack or hijack, that's OK. When we post publicly, we can expect responses within the guidelines. Just as we count on the guidelines being upheld, posters count on being able to post within those same guidelines.

If we are accepting of our fellow posters within the guidelines for the site as well as keep our own posting within the same guidelines, threads and discussions can generally run very smoothly. Also remember please that if we generally don't tolerate well another poster, we have the option to put their posting on "ignore" to make the most of our experience.

Again, I'm open to suggestions for the issues in the forum and in regards to sub-forums. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks,

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>

Last edited by kimmydawn; 06-18-2007 at 09:10 PM. Reason: add icon
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote