View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 11:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Hey Folks! Just Prescribed Lyrica - What Do I Need to Know?

Hello Again Friends!

First let me thank all of you who took the time to write me on my other threads regarding pain meds in "Whats After Percocet" and some of my other ones involving my exposure to an unreal IED Blast in Iraq.

I'm still seeing same Pain Management Doc who has me on :
Percocet 10/325
Oxycontin 10mg
(has brought me down from 30mg 3 months ago)

And now has prescribed me Lyrica to use for the brutal nerve pain in my Cervical Spine, which is also treated with Facet Injections and RFA too.
There hasn't been anything that makes this pain subside so now he wants to try Lyrica - starting at 75mg for a week, then moving to 150mg after.

As I do with everything else, I researched this and found a number of issues that concern me. Some of them posted in other threads here too!
Like members having serious withdrawal symptoms coming off Lyrica - is this true??

I also felt a little dizzy this am after taking it, but it was along with all my other meds at same time (none of those make me dizzy though) That is described below inside this link.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/fib...make-you-dizzy

And then I found this one which is almost identical to me with the person using Percocet as well. What issues do I have to look forward to here??

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ndp...-for-headaches

Reading stuff like this before starting medication does get in your head and it sounds like all horror stories to me! Are there any members who DO NOT have any issues with Lyrica and does it truly help you and your pains?
Any comments, links, or advice is always welcome my friends!
Thanks for everything!
Gunny
Gunny Fitz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote