View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody....your pump sort of looks like mine...

But mine has a 're-chargable' battery, not actual batteries...Did the case come with a sort of 'strap'? With snaps to attach to d-rings on that bag?
Actually the bag looks just like mine...and my bag isn't made for my machine specifially...I know it's not the same pump machine as yours tho...Mine came with a cord for recharging....only difference really.

It would probably be best just to say to this nurse that you had 'infusion problems' last time, not using the pump and 'OTHER problems'. Best not to elaborate, just let the nurse do her job. If you look at all the stuff in the box, there SHOULD be a set of instructions for the nurse along with the 'inventory' of all that was sent. Those instructions probably outline doctor orders at the rates/times/dosages to administer/give the IVIG to Alan. Make sure they are on top of the IG for her/him to not MISS SEEING.
The fussiest part of the infusion process [aside from getting the catheter in] will be in setting the pump for and at it's different rates.

As for the Sharps container...you keep it -nurse opens and closes it as needed till full. My home nursing service takes it when full and delivers another when needed. The tubing and other stuff, once empty I double bag and dispose as regular trash as there's nothing viably troublesome after it's used.

May Alan have a happy, uneventful...even boring infusion! Those really are the best ones. I know you will keep us up to date - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote