View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 05:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Gunny,
I take Lyrica.
Have been on pain meds for years and for me, despite issues with Lyrica I have been on it for years because it is the only med that helps with my neuropathy.
I had been on Neurontin for many yrs and had issues with it so went of it and tried to go without any neuropathy meds but the neuropathy was too disabling.

When I started Lyrica I was very dizzy...my doc said don't drive and just be careful.
After 3 weeks the dizziness passed.

Very honestly, sometimes you just have to weigh the side effects with the relief you get. I did get off it a couple years ago because periodically I go on a drug holiday from ALL my meds to access my current, true pain level. I already had a mild seizure disorder and those seizures returned.

Bottom line, I am on a very low dose, 100 mg a day, and it takes enough of the edge off my neuropathy(in addition to my other pain meds) so I can function reasonably. I am not doing cartwheels or running marathons but, I can do the things I need to do to get by in life.

My suggestion to you is give it a try for a month or so and if not to your liking, get off it, but slowly. Everyone is different Gunny....I wish you the best.
I know neuropathy really sucks.
Take care, D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gunny Fitz (06-07-2015)