View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 04:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDNF View Post
So the appointment was for longer than I expected, he did all these tests really quickly and smoothly. He then went through my symptoms and asked me about my history after reading about it. He told me that although he's not denying I have a TBI all my symptoms are psychological, I was pretty surprised to hear that, I asked him about nystagmua and he said it's psychological, that I'm focusing too hard when it happens.
He said there's no point to an MRI although he could order it hee advises against it as a waste of money.

He also said my prognosis is uncertain because I've had these issues for so long and they haven't resolved in time.

He recommended I get fit and see a psychologist for cognitive behavioral therapy and recommended me a few which are experienced with TBI induced psychological symptoms.
Ditto happened with me, and probably with millions around the world with mtbi. One of the reputed neurologists in my country told me that I am anxious so I am feeling the symptoms . he was a jerk and knew nothing about mtbi. He gave me xanax and dismissed me straight away.

In my opinion a psychiatrist understands mtbi better than most neuros, they are utter useless.once they label your symptoms as anxiety, it increases your load as people around you get brainwashed and manipulated and start thinking that its all in your mind and that's a terrible place to be as we all know!

Such is life with mtbi sadly
Galaxy1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lyndianne (06-09-2015)