View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 11:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
Hi.

The fact I do not want to be seen in my "off" periods is a lack of acceptance or denial or it is something normal? What do you think about it?

Best regards,

Lobo
Lobo, I think your response is great and perfectly normal. Like you, when I was first DXed, I didn't feel sorry for myself or deny the situation. I had immediate acceptance and was more concerned for how my family would react, as I didn't want them upset. As a result, my family was great and PD jokes about my tremor or my lack of smell our common in our house. My personal focus, as it still is, was to learn and respond. I want to know everything possible about PD and then respond by doing everything possible to control the symptoms and the progression. I never hid the disease from anyone, but rather, I became an active advocate for our cause.

I will say this, though, I'm not sure there is any right or wrong way to handle the response. Although I personally never believed in hiding my head in the sand about anything, I do know each of us has to handle life events in our own way.

Last edited by Tupelo3; 06-06-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Tupelo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (06-06-2015), lobo (06-06-2015), Nan Cyclist (06-06-2015), Thelma (06-08-2015)