View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Sounds like this is an elemental value. It is logical for a large capsule.

You know NOW is a great company... send them an email. I see their address on the label.

And you can then share with them that not putting "elemental" on the label is confusing when others do that more today.

It is interesting to call them too, I've done that a few times in the past. (various places) I called Jarrow once, NatureMade once, and Perrigo once. (Perrigo is merging with another company soon or has already I think.) I've also complained mightily to Hershey's regarding their adding sorbitol to some of their candies (not dietetic). They sent me $9.00 in coupons which hubby used up. (I don't eat Hershey's products anymore as a protest).

Mrs. D,
I thank you very much for sharing your experience some time ago about the Sorbitol (the day or two before, I had a similar issue with Russell Stover Chocolates; checked ingredients...Sorbitol), I have been very careful to avoid anything with Sorbitol.

Now I am finding out the awful time I have been having with so many items containing Soy Lecithin. It is not as bad as the Sorbitol; but can get pretty nasty especially when listed a few times in the ingredients of many items.

The last few days have had been having a lot of messy messy issues. I decided to check the ingredients of the frozen Cheese Pops I had been eating which I purchased from Market Day....Some of the Ingredients includes as follows.....Soy Lecithin twice, Soybean Oil, as well as Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, then add to that; Potassium Sorbate.

Because of removal of rectum due to cancer (had enough muscle left so I do not have a bag), I guess this has especially made me more vulnerable to the nasty side effects.

It is so unfortunate that many foods; especially sweets which I so enjoy, have a list of ingredients that we are totally unaware of the side effects.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-29-2015)