Thread: pain block
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 02:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianne duncan View Post
Hi Dubious
thank you for the advise at the moment I have decided to see how much pain I can put up with I am a chicken it scares me to think of having an injection into my spine as I have had surgery on my spine when I was young and they had to do a mylogram and that wasn't pleasant I had no choice as I was paralyseds so it scares me to go for the injection I will see what happens.
I just wanted to say, I have had at least 6 Epidural Steroid Injections in the cervical(neck) area and they always worked to help the pain.

I was also terrified of getting these injections....the thought of an injection into my spine terrified me also but it was so easy, the first time I actually laughed because I was bracing myself for the shot, I thought the doc was still giving me numbing meds and he said,"I,m done". They have always been effective for me.
The best advice I can give is make sure to research the doctor. I found the doctor via my pain mgmt doc.

Subsequent times I went, I had him give me a series of lidocaine injections along with the ESI although last time he said the law( perhaps a Medicare one) did not allow it....so I would go to one doc for the ESI and my pain doc is down the street and I would go to him for a series of lidocaine shots around my neck and shoulders......Maybe try the lidocaine injections, if you have not yet. I had a bad winter this winter and my pain doc used to let me come weekly for several weeks for lidocaine injections and I know folks who get lidocaine infusions.

Best of luck,
D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (06-08-2015), ger715 (08-09-2015)