View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingRollerCoaster View Post
I met a nurse through my TBI support group. At one point in the group I described a sensation I would get earlier in my recovery. I would just be laying on the bed or couch and my heart would start racing and I would feel my heart beating in my neck and head. The doctors said it was just anxiety and gave me lorazepam for it.

After the group, the nurse pulled me aside and said that I was probably having non-convulsive seizures. She said they should have done an EEG.

Is this possible? I still feel like I get that sensation from time to time. So does this mean I am having seizures and I don't even know it? Should I be getting and EEG test? Is this something I need to look into?

Thank you.
I agree with Mark and the nurse, that an EEG should be done. Decades ago I started having seizures called partial complex where I would suddenly feel like I lost a blip of time....if someone was with me, they'd say I got a vacant look and stopped doing whatever I was doing.....a neurologist recreated the seizure activity during an EEG by flashing a strobe light in my face...not pleasant. I don't know if they do this anymore as this was 15 yrs ago.

There are many different kinds of seizures and I would start with your primary care doc with a referral to a good neurologist...Best of luck, D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote