View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

I have to wonder if you have taken SAMe? This supplement has decades of data behind it for arthritis and joint pain.

I've used it for over a decade, and it saved me from a knee replacement the ortho surgeon wanted to do on me.

I've tried to discontinue it when I reached the 10yr mark..and my pain always returned. ( I was hopeful to save some $$)

It is most affordable at Costco, where I first bought it -- the savings back then when it was more expensive paid for my membership many times over.

http://www.arthritis.org/living-with...uide/sam-e.php

SAMe has permission from the FDA (because of positive studies using it) to advertise itself for mood, JOINT issues, and Liver health.

I use only NatureMade because this company designed the first effective oral use of the European injectable form. SAMe is not stable in stomach acid and requires a special coating to be effective orally. NatureMade designed this coating and packages this delicate substance so as to avoid moisture damage.

I use 400mg a day first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. It is suggested to take a b-complex along with it to help recycle the SAH which is formed when the methyl group is given up in the tissues. This does not have to be a high dose however.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote