View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Meera Dasi,

Hope your previous dental problems have resolved and the carlson bridge has become comfortable for you.

The twinges that you feel in between the two upper molars can be due to some interproximial (in between the teeth) gum recession exposing a little bit of root surface which could be really minor and not easily detected clinically.... could be a hairline crack in one of the teeth which would give you more symptoms if it were deep .... could be an inflamed gum tissue underneath the gum due to a piece of hard calculus or a piece of fibrous tissue that gets irritated when flossed..... could be an ill fitting restoration that needs to be replaced. Do you find that food gets stuck in that area? If so then the dentist may be able to re-contour the shape of that interproximal area so food does not get stuck. Is that area difficult for you to reach and are you forcing the floss in there?

If all tests come up negative.... try using a different type of floss. Use a "tape" rather than a string. See if that helps.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote