View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello -
I went in for my followup and it seems like the report from the radiologist was mixed. The report stated that there is evidence of reduced blood flow which may be attributable to TOS, but may be a false-positive because the patient is not symptomatic. Aaaargh... uhm what? Don't the symptoms precede the visit to the doctor? Don't the symptoms precede diagnostic testing? I wouldn't be pursuing this in the first place if I was asymptomatic. Kind of frustrating.

So my GP is resending the referral to the thoracic surgeon and has said if the surgeon wants to pursue further testing or feels that I am a candidate for surgery, then fine. If however, the surgeon doesn't feel it adds up, we will just have to manage the condition in other ways. So I'm happy about that, but just quite confused.

I had been excited to get the call to go in for results and felt like maybe the ball was finally rolling on figuring this out. I don't believe there was any mention in the report of one bit of testing the tech did; he had looked at bloodflow in the subclavian artery and we both clearly saw that the bloodflow stopped entirely with my arm raised and came back when arm was lowered. Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone and is that why there is no mention of it?

What a wonderful resource this is. Such a gem to find.
SallyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote