View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 05:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna, and thank you!
Sorry I should have clarified that the big decaying area is tooth Nr 5, so on my right side, and this is where I had gotten my second root canal due to the tooth not calming down after two attempts to fill it. Then, I had this tooth extracted and now it is replaced by a Carlson bridge. This means, what you said about restorations between teeth and a piece of calculus, that would be my left side, the side where I get the pains. Does that make sense? One thing is, the restorations should not be leaking or anything, since he tested them about 6 months ago with some kind of machine or sensor that can pick up even the beginning stages of decay or bacteria... so I wonder, what else could be wrong then? And, what does it mean to have a piece of Calculus?
Thank you for all your help :-)
Meera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Meera,

Thanks for posting the xrays! Okay just so you know, you posted 4 bite wings and one periapical xray, no panoramic xray.

I do not know which is your left or right side as it depends on how you copied them... face down, face up.

So the 5th xray that you posted... 1,2,3,4,(5)... shows a large cavity on the distal portion of the 1st pre molar tooth. This is an interproximal area between the 1st and second pre molars. If you look at that xray at the 1st tooth on all the way to the right you will see a large dark (black) area on the tooth above a bright white area (filling) and next to a dark line (nerve) down the center of the tooth. This is deep decay and may actually be in communication with the nerve. There may be some pathology going on at the root of this 1st premolar which would mean that the cavity has reached the nerve. So I don't know if this is tooth #13 or #5 as the xrays do not indicate left or right. The adjacent tooth, the second premolar #14 or #4 may also have decay on the mesial side (interproximal area towards the 1st pre molar) above the white filling and also above that on the root surface. You also have some interproximal bone loss on both of these teeth which means that you are flossing a bare root surface which could be sensitive. These areas of concern are also on the (3rd) and (4th) xrays that you posted. So which ever side of the mouth that xray is of, those areas need to be evaluated.

The 1st and 2nd xrays, (1), (2), 3,4,5, show that you have interproximal restorations on both premolars and the first molar. You also have a piece of calculus on the mesial near the gum line on the first molar. So if these 2 xrays are of your left side, then you could be getting hung up on that piece of calculus with the floss.

I'm sorry if you were not aware of the cavities :/ Or perhaps they have been restored since these xrays were taken? Which side of your mouth is the last xray (#5) that you posted?
Meera Dasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote