View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 06:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Neupro patch questions

Wright2626:

I will mention my experience after 5 weeks of using Neupro, but please, recall PD is different for every patient. I started with 4 mg, minor involuntary movement in my legs; with 6 mg involuntary movements increased; with 8 mg diskynesia was totally out of control (started hurting my abductor muscle). Neurologist suggested to use 6 mg instead but problem remained the same. I decided to use the 4 mg patch. And by the way, I sleep like a baby but I started to wake up at 2:30 am. Fortunately, fell asleep immediately. Apparently, my organism is used to now because I do not wake up at that time anymore. However, doctor prescribed from day 1 of having started Neupro, an antidepressant (Lexapro), to help alleviate side effects.

I visited my neurologist again and he recommended to use one 4 mg patch in the morning (6 am), keep it all day, and use in addition one 2 mg patch in the evening - just before going to bed, around 10 pm - for 2 weeks (total of 6 mg). Starting 3rd week, instead of the 2 mg patch, use the 4 mg patch (making a total of 8 mg). Keep in mind half life is about 8 hours and max. plasma levels will be reached around 16 hours. I am still using the 4 + 2 dose and honestly, I am not too enthusiastic about using the 4 + 4 dose because of the involuntary movement of my leg and diskynesia at night (the first two days of the 4 + 2 dose the placebo effect - no side effects - encouraged me to consider the 4 + 4 option). I feel reluctant now.

It is not my intention to scare you but to warn you each individual responds differently to any treatment. There is no standard formula or treatment for PD.

And yes, rotate application site in order to avoid dermatological issues.

Lobo
lobo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote