View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 08:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sorry for the lapse in replies. The past two days have been especially rough, though today seems not as bad so far.

Hi RidingRollerCoaster,

Thank you for writing, and I'm happy to hear that you are starting to feel better. In a way, it's more encouraging to hear that recovery takes longer than I or the doctors originally thought. There's a lot of pressure to *get better faster*, as no one in my personal life seems to have any reference point for these kinds of struggles or how long they will take to work through. And thank you for your suggestions, I do hope to pursue therapies when I have the resources to do so. As for loved ones, I have lost touch with all of my friends and past romances. Perhaps people my age are just that fickle, or maybe I wasn't such a caring person myself in the past. I was very close with my ex-roommate over the past year, however his mother died, so in the early stages of my injury, going to him for support was like the blind leading the blind. We have since lost touch. I do have family but they seem to be at the end of their patience and very caught up in their own struggles, financial, interpersonal etc.
Beelzebore92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote