Thread: Bite problem
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Bite problem

I've had TMJ and a severe over bite for quite some time.

My previous Dentist added bonding to the the bottom teeth creating my upper teeth# 7-10 to have become scooped out. Those 4 teeth have veneers on them.

I switched Dentists last year since the previous Dentist did some bad dental bridges causing me to loose more teeth. This new Dentist said the only way to fix the problem is to put crowns and veneers on all of my upper teeth to lengthen them for my teeth to come together. I asked him if he could take the bonding off the bottom teeth and he said no, since he cant tell where it was added and could do damage to the lower teeth.

I have 5 missing lower teeth hoping to possibly do some bone grafting again in the future to get dental implants. Bryanna, you probable remember my bone grafting nightmare.

This Dentist gave me a quote of $32,900.00 to fix the upper teeth which I think is outrageous. My question is how do I know this will fix my problem? Isn't it pretty invasive to take healthy teeth and crown them? In the past any time I've gotten crowns, those teeth eventually needed root canals.

Bryanna, how should I proceed?
leesal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote