View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 11:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I don't really understand what is meant by "your symptoms are just caused by anxiety" or "your symptoms are just psychological". It's all brain chemistry isn't it? Anxiety is brain chemistry right? TBI changes our brain chemistry and causes the anxiety. So how can "we" be causing the anxiety which in turn is causing our symptoms. It's our TBI that caused the anxiety and the symptoms.

I guess what I am saying is that there are times where "we" don't control our thoughts, the chemistry controls our thoughts, and I think TBI is one of those times.

Maybe I am not making sense, but I can't really agree with the statement that it can just be all made up. I was never severely anxious before my TBI.

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
goodgrief20 (12-13-2016), lyndianne (06-09-2015)