View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 01:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

These doctors are willfully ignorant. TBI , often MTBI, has become the signature wound of the recent wars and the military is beginning to lead the research on close

head injuries such as blast concussions. Here is a link to a research article on TBI. I think the first two pages are very relevant to this thread.
http://www.practicalpainmanagement.c...ation?page=0,1

It's a little thick and I can no longer delve into subjects the way I used to but this quote speaks to what really has taken place in our brains.
"The results provided evidence of altered cellular metabolic status after TBI and reflect edema, excitotoxicity, neuronal and glial integrity, mitochondrial status and bioenergetics, oxidative stress, inflammation, and cell membrane disruption."

The medications you name work because they are addressing altered brain chemicals following a brain injury. I am sure doctors do see many people that have another reason than

TBI for their symptoms, but for most of us who have a very real injury and to get blown off by doctors with a glib diagnosis is appalling. They should be ashamed at their failure to stay on top of current research.
Concussion and whiplash from getting hit by a semi truck. After partial recovery was on the receiving end of 3 concussions in a year. Two were within six weeks of each other. Master's degree teacher now on disability with limited lifestyle, trying to count my blessings

Eugene, Oregon

Last edited by lyndianne; 06-09-2015 at 04:04 PM.
lyndianne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote