View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 03:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Vowel Lady, I was diagnosed with osteopenia about 15 years ago, and my condition has gradually improved to where I would now say it is more of a borderline osteopenia. My doctor initially prescribed Actonel which I took for about a year and then I switched to a product called Strontium Bone Maker by Doctor’s Best: http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-S...2&sr=null&ic=2

For me, the strontium worked slowly but effectively. I had bone density tests done every two years and my readings were always marginally better each time. So not only did it help stop the bone loss for me, but it also helped build my bone density, although admittedly at a slow rate.

I read the link you provided for the Bone Up product you are now using. There are a few things that concern me about the recommended 3 capsule daily dosage:

1. The Mg is all from magnesium oxide, which is absorbed very poorly by the body. I am supplementing with magnesium citrate instead.
2. The product has K2-MK7 which I think is a good product, but at 45 mcg it is a low dose.
3. The product includes 1000 mg of calcium, which I believe is a high amount. I am not familiar with the type of calcium used in this supplement, but I do know there has been research showing that oral calcium supplements may lead to coronary artery disease. I have eliminated all calcium supplements from my diet and now get all of my calcium from foods.
Auntie Audrey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-09-2015), Vowel Lady (06-09-2015)