View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 04:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need help putting a name to a symptom

I don't know if this symptom has an official name, but I'd like find out....

My most prevalent symptom, 1.5 years after trauma, has to do with my eyes. I find myself squinting a lot. It's almost like having wind blown in your eyes or staring directly into the sun.
It feels like the squinting one does after they have been awake for 24 hours straight. Or the squint one does in the act of sneezing.

The eyes sometimes feel sore, sometimes they water, sometimes they feel dry. But the defined perseveration has to do with the eyes, and not the vision in particular.

From what I can tell, it is NOT caused by sensitivity to light. I experience it any time of day, so I don't think being tired has anything to do with it. I don't think it's allergy related (but I could be wrong).

The one thing that triggers it, is boredom. If my mind or attention aren't stimulated, it seems to flare up very quickly....driving, visiting family, going to church, etc. (things that I do embrace but are rather boring to me personally).

Thoughts? Any idea what this sounds like?

Last edited by QWERTY02; 06-09-2015 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Yeah, I'm a grammar nazi!
QWERTY02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote