View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you both!

Yes, as I mentioned, my other doctor told me to take only two (2) of the Bone Up tablets instead of three. His primary concern was that I would be taking too much calcium. So I'm taking 2/3 of the total.

My multiple vitamin has some calcium and even K in it. The Bone Up does have Boron on it. I take extra magnesium separately because it seems to help me with muscle aches and possibly with nerve pain slightly.

I was shocked, although I probably should not have been, that my rheumatologist knew so little about supplements.

However, I'm fortunate that I have another doctor very interested in the subject. He will review my supplements in more detail in the future and I will need to be specific that he is now in charge of considering potential osteoporosis, as my rheumie has no interest in this subject.

Oh, I eat lots of green veggies daily and I hope this provides much calcium. I actually don't eat much dairy and am generally avoiding it, with the exception of an occasional yogurt.

I too have learned to question the docs!!!! Will re-read your posts...lots of good info! Thanks.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 06-09-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote