View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

my mom is friends with a few RN's and they said that after this procedure you are supposed to stay laying down for the rest of that day. i had the procedure done at about 4pm and i was sitting up straight as soon as it was done. the laying down is supposed to prevent the terrible headaches that they warn you about before you go in for the procedure.. so it kinda made me wonder after hearing that. im not going to say anything terrible about the cleveland clinic, but i really liked going to my orthopedic surgeon down in pittsburgh. too bad he doesnt treat RSD!!! desi, what doctor are you seeing in cleveland? i wasnt happy with my doctor at first, but im kinda getting used to him. at first all he did was try about 6 different medications, but finally he is more open to trying different procedures. he said if the epidural catheter doesnt show results, he will try some kind of neurostimulator. he is a bit hesistant with trying that because he said i am too young. he also doesnt have much of a personality, but i guess if i was 70 some years old i wouldnt either!! another doctor in the hospital said my doc is 'known around the world for his work' so i guess im in pretty good hands. i was kinda shocked that my doctor didnt perform the actual procedure. some other doctor below him did the whole thing.. i think i saw my guy for about a total of 2 minutes during my 5 day stay there!!
qtkatie013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote