Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default I

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Dear Eva,

I know the difference between nerve pain and mechanical pain. For the nerves I take Lidocaine Infusions, Ketamine and the Topiramate helps. For musculoskeletal, Tramadol, Morphine and Arcoxia - and I max out the allowed doses up to 4 times a day. I am lucky they work - somewhat, I am at 4-5 painwise after my meds. I have lived with that, so I CAN live with that.

The Topiramate is an anti-convulsant I take for my chronic Cluster Headaches. When I had to increase the dose this February I found my Neurological pain went down. I read they now treat extreme pain with Topiramate and other anti-convulsants. The side effects can be rough to start with, but maybe your Doctor could look into these meds for treatment?

Before I came to this Forum I had been left with no Social Life whatsoever. This Community has given me a Window on the World and has put me in touch with wonderful Friends like you. My personal situation means I am very happy with all this. You WILL find the strength to do those things you long to do. I sincerely believe this is just a terrible phase, which will ease and pass.

Dave.
Am leaning on you and others on this one

There has been disturbing news as my shrink calls
me and I get to find what matters most
I will explain when I have it in me
Maybe after I take a shower and turn in to retire
Gerry and others
Know I love this place and all involved
God bless each and every one of you
My special place
To myself I am true
Love
Me
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (06-10-2015), ger715 (06-10-2015)