View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 04:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
We too are reading this book, and it connects a lot of dots, at least to my way of thinking. We are going to try some of his suggestions, and will post what we observe.

FWIW, one of his patients mentioned in the book was a young man with advanced MS....he took probiotic enemas three times a week for two weeks, felt better, then went whole hog ahead with a fecal transplant (had to go to Europe to get it), got off the walker, catheter, etc., and has been in remission for something like 15 years. Pretty good story. I think Dr. Wahls accomplished the same thing, resetting her gut colony, by the uber-healthy diet she adopted.

Be very interesting to learn how many here with PD were delivered via C-section v. natural, and also how many were nursed v. formula fed (another important part of the gut biome development, according to Brain Maker).

Put us down for formula fed
My twin and I were premies so were born by C-section and bottle fed. We then got hospital staph and almost died. A sickly youth ensued but my brother doesn't have PD.
Born 1948. Diagnosed 2011. DBS ON 7/17. Taking cd/ld 200 MG at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm. Finasteride 5 mg, Life Extension Mix and Once-Daily Health Booster, Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ, Optimized Curcumin (longvida), Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol, Vectomega-3, Vit D3 5000U,Lithium orotate 5 mg, AMPK Activator, Kefiran, N-Acetyl-L- Cysteine (NAC), Tri-Magnesium, Advanced NeuroPro, Duozyme,
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Updated 9/21/17.
GerryW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote