View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
So I just wanted to make sure that the insulin in the Flex pen is the exact same insulin in the vials. So if I take 10 units in the a.m. I would just take a syringe, do what the guy did and I'd be good to go.
NO, the insulin in the Flex pen may not be the exact same insulin in the vials. You would need to check with your pharmacist or physician first to be sure they equate and that the dosage would be the same.

I am a little confused here. If you have been prescribed the Flex pen and have changed FROM vials TO pen, didn't your physician tell you if the dosage would be the same or not?

If your physician had you using 10 units of vial insulin, have you been using 10 units of the Flex pen so far?

You need to check with your doctor about dosing amounts but as far as how you deliver the proper dose, is a matter of preference.

If you are using the CONTENTS from the pen and just transferring the PEN dosage to a syringe for injecting, the pen dosage is the amount you should transfer.

How you get it into your body is not the question. The question is what is the proper dosage. Only your physician can tell you that.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote