View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Yes, the pens are more convenient to carry and do not need refrigeration after they have been placed in use.

I find it a little more comfortable to inject room temperature insulin than the cold refrigerated insulin.

The temperature of the insulin may also have a slight effect upon the speed of action within the body just as the injection site may also have a slight effect upon the speed of action within the body.

I don't think either of these are very significant, temperature or injection site location, but it has been stated that there may be a slight delay in action.

Just to clarify. I do not use vials. Have not used vials for almost 9 years. Only the Flex Pen (which is now called the Flex Touch). My problem was the cost of the pen needles. I watched this video and saw him dial the amount, stick in the syringe, transfer the insulin to the syringe and that was it.

I think I phrased my question incorrectly. I should have said "I want to use a syringe and get the insulin out of my flex touch and inject myself. I now realize this has nothing to do with vials. I will still be using the flex touch, only I will be tranferring the insulin via the syringe (as the guy in the video did). I have all these syringes in a box that someone gave to me. By doing this, I will be saving money on pen needles. Some people can't give themselves a shot with a syringe. They need to use pen needles. Doesn't matter to me. I have a friend who absolutely won't use the vials and the syringes anymore because she hates needles. I said to her "But the Flex Pen uses a pen needle". Her response?" No, it's like a toy, I just dial it up and press into my stomach".

Different strokes for different folks.

And you are correct, you don't have to prime the two units. I will be saving my insulin and making it last longer.

I think tonight I will do it that way.

Will update

Thanks much
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote