Thread: Bite problem
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi leesal,

Based on all that you have shared with us on this forum.... you have extensive jaw alignment and teeth problems. To my recollection, you did not mention how your dental problems originated whether it was due to severe decay, trauma, dental neglect, health problems, medications.... etc. But over a short period of time you ended up with many, many invasive dental procedures which seem to have only exacerbated your dental and jaw problems.

Building up the occlusion to open the bite is risky especially in someone who has TMJ problems and severe jaw bone loss in the lower arch. If I remember correctly, the lower grafts did not take because your lower jaw bone is not adequate enough to hold the grafts because the teeth were missing for a long time which results in deterioration of the level, width and height of the bone. So after what you have gone through with the surgeries, infections, and failed bone grafting, I thought you understood that dental implants on your lower arch was not a possibility?

Is this new dentist proposing to restore just your upper teeth with veneers and crowns? What is his suggestion for the lower arch?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote