Thread: Terrified
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi LinaeveStar,

Welcome to the forum! I have had epilepsy for 43 yrs. and had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my sz. (seizures). What you are describing to me sounds like 2 different things which could be a possible panic attack or anxiety disorder and when you see the bugs and smell the cold that is a simple partial sz also known as a aura sz.
If I may ask do you feel tired after you have had these possible sz. or confused for a few seconds like you don't remember what happened a little while ago it's like amnesia if you have any of those signs and get headaches after this it is epilepsy.
Don't let the epilepsy stop you I have family along with myself that have had grand mal (tonic clonic sz.) I have had temporal lobe epilepsy and I also have complex partial sz. where both sides of the brain are being fired up triggering sz.
What you need to do is have your family Dr. refer you to see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) and be sure you go to a Epilepsy Center these places are at large hospitals or University hospitals. An Epileptologist can go into detail and find out what's going on with you even if its not epilepsy. Lack of sleep, and stress are the 2 main things that can trigger sz. Also sometimes a person can be audio or photosensitive meaning certain colors or sounds will trigger sz. and I wonder if this what may be happening with you when you listen to music. There's always been depression when it comes to epilepsy do to the meds a person is taking or the area of the brain that's triggering sz. Be sure to deal with a neuro psychiatrist they no much more about what's going on in a persons brain and can find out what the problem is before any psychiatrist can.
Cut back on starch foods and carbs along with caffeine and stay away from anything with NutraSweet in it like diet soda, it has been proven that all of this can trigger sz.
The problem with your sleeping and your heart can also cause sz. you should get a sleep study done and have a Dr. check your heart out to make sure you are getting enough blood flow to the brain.
If you live in the U.S. call the Epilepsy Foundation of America at 1-800-332-1000 and let them know what's going on and they can help you out even with the finances and transportation they will be able to get info to you to help out.
In the mean time try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day the B12 helps calm the nerves down and it has reduced my sz. greatly.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (06-18-2015)