View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 05:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
The practitioner found out that the root cause for my Hashimoto's was a virus- not sure exactly, which one, but she also tested me for the nutrition my body needs to rid itself of it and begin healing. The method and nutrition she uses is called Quantum Nutrition Labs by Dr Bob Marshall, and I have already taken some of their supplements and am amazed at the purity and effectiveness of them- they only use organic, fair-trade and purest plants/etc. and I already feel so much better since starting the nutrition 3 days ago.

Regarding my teeth, I only use toothpowder (homemade with baking soda, salt, tumeric and clay) or sometimes I even brush with coconut oil. I also started swishing with green-black walnut hull tincture, which is supposed to help with strengthening teeth and gums and tooth enamel. Maybe this will help as well. I should def start oil pulling again, too.
Have you ever used Xylitol? I keep hearing about it's benefits for oral health...

Since I started using an ultra thin floss, flossing is much more easy. Tomorrow I see my dentist and will have him check if anything else is going on.

Regrding exposed tooth necks, I know some people swear by dabbing some desensythising toothpaste on it, but obviously I would rather not use commercial products. I wonder if there is any natural toothpaste that is desensitizing?

Thanks again, and if you are interested in the nutrition I mentioned, check them out online under "Qunatum Nutrition Labs", they also have really interesting free radio shows with topics like "optimal oral health", "Liver Health" etc. Good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Meera,

Yes, your gums are blunted rather than pointed in between your posterior teeth. This is typical of an adult and in someone who has some gum recession and some bone loss. You cannot grow gum tissue. Once it has receded it is gone unless you have a gingival tissue graft done. But you are not a candidate for that as your problem is not that severe. Also the dentist can put some desensitizing lacquer on those areas that are sensitive, but it wears off pretty quickly from brushing your teeth.

What you can do as preventive measures to reduce the progression of the gum recession is to brush and floss thoroughly every day, use a tongue scraper to remove debris from your tongue, and avoid using chemical mouthwashes as they just try out the tissue making the problems worse.

Therapeutically, you can apply a tiny bit of baking soda to your toothbrush once a day and brush with that instead of toothpaste and use a teaspoon or more of coconut oil to do what is called oil pulling which is using the oil as a rinse but purposely moving it around your teeth and gums so as to pull it into the tissue. Do that for about one minute and then rinse out with warm water.

In a small bowl, I make a small amount of paste using a smidgeon of baking soda or Himalayan salt, tablespoon of coconut oil and a drop of peppermint oil. I dip my electric toothbrush in to this paste and use that to clean my teeth. Sometimes I make a batch of it and store it in a small glass jar or just make it as I use it. I would avoid tea tree oil on the gums as it is too astringent and irritating to gum tissue. Winter green oils can be harsh also. The idea is to not use anything harsh or anything that will disrupt the healthy bacteria in the mouth.

I am glad to hear that you are under the care of a chiropractor who is knowledgeable about nutrition. What were the results of the kinesiology regarding the hashimotos? Was it toxicity? What is doing for the TMJ?
Meera Dasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote