View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Please help! Shaky muscles,movement tremors, facial tremors

Hi all. I am 29 yrs old. I have been having body tremors from last 6 months. It started with a feeling of vibration/tremors in my trunk when I put my legs down from a raised position and in my shoulders when I put my arms down from a raised position. Now it has spread to my entire body. I can feel it in my face (when I smile), wrist, ankles, toes, fingers, arms, legs and even neck when I move these body parts. Since the time i have got tremors in my neck, I can feel a lot of pressure on my neck. Since last two days i have been feeling a light sensation of vibration in my left side of the body while sleeping, like as if a cellphone is vibrating.

I got a series of blood work done (CBC, ESR, Thyroid, glucose, iron, vitamin b12, magnesium, lyme, catecholamines etc). All tests are normal. I even saw a neurologist and got an MRI for brain which was normal too (The doctors ruled out MS based on my MRI and Parkinsons & ALS based on my symptoms). The neurologist diagnosed this as Physiologic tremors. Now my GP also does not have any more tests that she can run on me. I asked if I needed an MRI of my spine but both the Neuro and my GP said the test would be inconclusive since the tremors are all over my body.
Finally my GP prescribed me with a beta blocker - Propranolol, and asked me to resort to techniques like acupuncture and some relaxation therapies. I don't want to take the beta blocker because my blood pressure and heart rate are normal and i dont want it to become low (beta blocker usually lowers the heart rate and blood pressure).
I am super worried and stressed out that its more than just Physiologic tremors because the tremors are spreading everywhere and just that no one is able to figure out what it is. Has anybody experienced such symptoms and have any idea what this might be? I am going crazy with these symptoms!! Could anybody please help?
Makhi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (07-06-2016)