View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Desi,
I must be the strangest person here. I got it 1st time out and it took about 6 wks. Ok..let me explain. I had all the flesh from the top and bottom of my foot. , and was on a vacpac that sucked at my foot 24/7 for 2 months. that was after 11 days in the hospital. My pod doc sent all the records and all to ssd. I had had about 8-9 surgeries in 3 years. there are several things to know. One, they are very forgiving if you are over the age of 50...they think that 50 and over really can't be trained in a new job. also, I applied online. I always say not to lie on the application, but when you apply, think of the worse day and use that. if today you can do the laundry, but yesterday you couldn't, use yesterday. they determine the date you became disabled, count the first 5 months as waiting. you don't get paid for them. then on month 6, it starts. the other good thing is once you are considered disabled for 2 years you automatically get medicare. I'll get mine starting this Dec. Apply for it..you have nothing to lose.
Mary
lostmary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote