View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi woodfly,

Yes, UR means upper right. The infection in that posterior quadrant of jaw bone appears quite large and extensive. Given your description of your sinus and nasal symptoms in the UR are indicative that the bacteria has spread to the sinus. The only way to attempt the eradication of the infection is to remove the infected teeth. In that quadrant the premolar is root canaled and it is possible that the infection from that tooth spread to the adjacent teeth. So you would need vitality testing on those other teeth to determine the vitality and then proceed accordingly. An oral surgeon is the only type of dentist to see for this type of infection as a general dentist is not knowledgeable or experienced in dealing with it.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
woodyfly (06-12-2015)