Thread: Newbie Intro
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 12:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi,

That looks like a pretty positive report on your ankle. I am glad they did imaging for you. osteopenia can be age related or bone loss from not weightbearing as much. Bone loss can also come with CRPS. Effusions and bone marrow edema can cause a fair amount of pain and bone edema can take several weeks to resolve. I would ask if they think you need to do anything else about it. Sometimes a walking boot is necessary to keep strain off until that resolves. having it continue is no Bueno.

On your tenosynovitis, that is a better thing than have a lot of degeneration. Basically the tendon sheath is inflamed. It may be treatable outside of surgery. Not all foot/ankle docs do a lot of ultrasound guided injections but they are a possibility for treating tenosynovitis. I have a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor who has had really extensive training in ultrasound techniques. He does injections of steroid just to the tendon sheath. They are tricky as you don't want steroid in the tendon itself for chance of rupture. If you can find a qualified PM&R person who does these that may be something to consider before a surgery.

Please let us know how you are doing. I hope you have a great weekend. Sending hugs, Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote