View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Blizzard,

So sorry you are having this trouble, any neurological facial pain is debilitating and miserable.

My initial suggestion is to copy your Post over to our Dental Forum for Bryanna to give you an unbiased opinion, in my opinion you seem to have a lot going on there, and everything has a trigger.

As to your symptoms, have you seen a Neuro? I would classify the pain the same as my constant pain/paresthesia - Atypical Neuropathic Facial Pain - which covers them and covers all bases. TN is fleeting, electric shock, stabbing pain, but that does not rule out damage to your Trigeminal Nerve, I am in the unfortunate situation where my damage causes both.

As for ongoing treatment, for Neurological issues you are not going to get any relief from conventional pain killers, that's why you have been rxed Trileptal, which is an anti convulsant/anti epileptic. I have to take Topiramate (same type) for chronic Cluster Headaches, and it has the bonus of dulling my pain and TN a fair amount. I noticed by how much earlier this year when I had to increase dose and got a pleasant reduction of pain in my face due to this side effect. My advice is do not be scared of a med that could potentially help you greatly, just watch the negative side effects like low sodium.

I truly hope you get this issue resolved as quickly as possible, you did the right thing in joining us. If nothing else, we understand what you are going through.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote